The Top Fashion Trade Shows in America
This article was written to assist all the fashion-focused entrepreneurs, businesses and passionate individuals out there. Selecting which fashion show(s) to attend, or even knowing what options are out there, can be very time-consuming. With so many choices, each of which with a relatively narrow focus, it would be ideal to have a list of the best fashion trade shows and their primary markets served. Well, look no further.
If you look at social media, you’ll notice that many people are interested in fashion. Now, possibly more than ever, your outfit and what accessories you’re flaunting is more important than ever. Additionally, designer brands are admired and respected on social media, so much so that many decide to buy replicas, like the Best Gucci Fakes, to spruce up their look. So you’ve got fashion-related YouTube channels, fashion blogs and fashion-related accounts on Instagram. As this industry is quite competitive, yet so demanding, it comes as no surprise to find that anyone looking to get into fashion in whatever capacity would use the help of companies who offer free instagram followers, in the hopes of building their social following and potentially working with brands.
Here you can find the leading fashion trade shows specializing in men’s clothing, women’s clothing, children’s clothing, apparel sourcing, accessories, swimwear and everything in-between.
UBM Fashion is the leading group that works to provide the best of the best in terms of trade shows and marketplaces in the fashion industry. They produce all major fashion shows in Vegas, New York, and even internationally in Japan. Featured are events in all categories for men, women, children, and more. Check out each of the specific shows and marketplaces below for more information.
MAGIC is synonymous with fashion events. It is the world’s largest fashion marketplace and takes place twice annually in Las Vegas, Nevada (February & August). This truly unique fashion mega-event is a compilation of 12 individual fashion trade shows with unique focuses grouped into one. MAGIC is comprised of PROJECT, THE TENTS, WWDMAGIC, FN PLATFORM, SOURCING at MAGIC, PROJECT WOMENS, POOLTRADESHOW, CURVE@MAGIC, STITCH @ PROJECTWOMENS, MAGIC MENS, CHILDREN’S CLUB, and FOOTWEAR SOURCING:
- PROJECT– “PROJECT is the premier contemporary fashion event exhibiting men’s and women’s advanced contemporary, premium design, and designer collections.”
- THE TENTS– “THE TENTS is a curated showcase of luxury and designer brands. These men’s lines offer an elevated level of quality, design and price point.”
- WWDMAGIC– “WWDMAGIC is brought to you in collaboration with Women’s Wear Daily (WWD) and brings together the latest in women’s, junior’s and children’s apparel and accessories, active wear and swim.”
- FN PLATFORM– “FN PLATFORM is the global showcase for branded footwear, showcasing over 1600 men’s, women’s, juniors’, and children’s footwear brands from more than 20 countries. FN PLATFORM provides buyers with a convenient and efficient way to shop the most comprehensive selection of international footwear.”
- SOURCING at MAGIC – “SOURCING at MAGIC is the network of fashion. It is your link to the entire global supply chain. With over 40 countries represented, this must-see destination attracts designers, brands and retailers alike to discover what they need to move their business forward.
- PROJECT WOMENS – “Previously known as ENKVegas, PROJECT WOMENS is the destination for women’s contemporary collection, denim & accessories.”
- POOL TRADESHOW – “POOL TRADESHOW is an energetic and inspiring showcase of boutique-ready fashion and accessories that can help your business stand out from the crowd.”
- CURVENV @ MAGIC – “CURVENV @ MAGIC is the allure of fashion. This exceptional new show offers the most extensive selection of lingerie, swimwear, loungewear, activewear and men’s underwear in the west of the Americas.”
- STITCH @ PROJECT WOMENS – “STITCH @ PROJECT WOMENS offers a more focused approach to women’s fashion in the area of ready-to-wear designs.”
- MAGIC MENS – “MAGIC MENS is the spot for emerging trends in men and young men’s fashion. This event showcases everything from classic to leisure apparel and more.”
- CHILDREN’S CLUB– “Children’s Club is an international exhibition featuring every category of children’s clothing from newborn to age 12. Introduced in 2000, exhibitors reflect an eclectic base of new designers bursting on to the scene and joining establish collections.”
- FOOTWEAR SOURCING– “FOOTWEAR SOURCING exclusively showcases various sourcing practices and more for footwear production from around the globe.”
New York Women’s
The New York Women’s fashion series occurs on three separate occasions, in June, August, and September, with various different shows and marketplaces being held during each date.
- [PRE]-COTERIE – Held in June. “[PRE]-COTERIE is an exclusive experience for fashion’s elite. This event features accessories and apparel from resort-wear to swimwear, and more.
- Coterie – Held in September. “Coterie is a premier global marketplace that bridges women’s apparel and accessories designers to the international “Who’s Who” of retailers. Coterie builds exclusive shopping experiences from the ground up so that designers and buyers can create a synergy that fuels their business.”
- FAME – Held in June, August, & September. “FAME is the Junior/Young Contemporary show where retailers discover the best quality resources at great margins.”
- Moda – Held in June, August, & September. – “Moda is an upscale trade event providing a concise mix of carefully juried modern contemporary ready-to-wear collections and showcases some of the most desired names in the industry today.”
- AccessoriesTheShow – Held in June & August. “AccessoriesTheShow runs in New York City and in Las Vegas. Both shows create the world’s largest marketplace for juried accessories. By providing the finest selection of juried accessory collections, ATS has become to go-to show for collections ranging from high-end classic brands to new and emerging contemporary designers.”
- PROJECT WOMENS – Held in August. “Previously known as ENKVegas, PROJECT WOMENS is the destination for women’s contemporary collection, denim & accessories.”
- Accessorie Circuit – Held in August. “Accessorie Circuit features high end, curated accessory collections that are designed for the more upscale retailer and designers.”
- SOLE COMMERCE – Held in September. “SOLE COMMERCE provides footwear brands and designers exclusive access to some of the top retailers in the US.”
The New York Men’s fashion marketplace takes place in the Big Apple semiannually during the months of January and July. Featuring two of the premier men’s fashion shows, PROJECT and MRKT, this marketplace is the leading event to showcase emerging trends in the men’s fashion industry.
- MRKET – “MRKET is a global fashion trade show discerning menswear brands. MRKET represents the best collections in men’s clothing, sportswear, footwear and accessories from the United States and abroad.”
- PROJECT – “PROJECT is the show for showcasing contemporary men’s sportswear, accessories, and footwear. “
Texworld USA is “North America’s largest sourcing event for apparel fabric buyers, research and product development specialists, designers, merchandisers, and overseas sourcing professionals.” This Messe Frankfurt hosted event held bi-annually in New York City, New York and is co-located with the Apparelsourcing. Texworld USA provides a premier forum for meeting with manufacturers of affordable apparel fabrics, trims, and accessories from across the globe.
SwimShow is held each summer in Miami and is known as the world’s largest trade show for swimwear, beachwear, and resort wear. It is the place where suppliers, as well as buyers, can come to explore the latest trends in the swimwear industry. Nearly 3000 buyers attend each year from all around the world to see the wide assortment of different swimwear lines that will be hitting the market this season.
Contact us today if you are exhibiting at one of the above fashion trade shows. Metro Exhibits is here to help you design and build a top of the line exhibit that meets your vision!
In addition to fashion trade shows, be sure to check out our complete list of top trade shows in all industries around the country.