Metro Exhibits is dedicated to supporting the future of our planet, responsibly aware that facility operations, office/business practices, travel, shipping, and waste management all have an impact on the environment.
Some of our tactics to reduce our impact include:
- Approximately 90% of our trade show exhibits are build with lightweight, reusable, metal frames (vs. wood frames, used by many other exhibit houses).
- Large, display graphics are printed on lightweight fabric, making them reusable from activation to activation.
- Our earth-friendly trade show booth option utilizes sustainable, upcycled and/or recyclable materials on all exhibit walls, floors, signage and furniture.
- MetroPlus is a cloud-based portal that consolidates a company’s physical marketing assets so that they can be shared across teams and divisions. Event marketing inventory is stored, tracked, returned and reused, minimizing duplication and waste.
- Recycle paper, plastic
- Timed, digital HVAC
- Water-saving auto faucets and toilets
- Timed equipment, e.g., computers, copiers
- Energy-efficient appliances
- Fabric-covered walls conserve energy
- Skylights provide natural light
- 50% of office-employee hours are WFH, minimizing commuting miles and facility space requirements
- All our facilities are certified EPA Green Power Partners.
- Three facilities are located around the country near national convention venues, minimizing shipping.
- All facilities are within three miles of major highways, and less than 45 minutes from major airports, reducing travel/fuel.
- All production is done in-house, minimizing miles and trips back and forth to outside vendors.
- Customer exhibiting assets are stored in the warehouse that is most efficient vis a vis the last/next activation location.
- We re-use our wood pallets (and buy used).
- We re-use all wood and metal elements when possible; recycle what is unusable.
- We recycle our waste cardboard.
- Our docks are weatherized.
- We utilize electric warehouse vehicles (scissor lifts).
- We use battery-powered tools.
- Our windows and doors are weatherized.
- We batch shipments and use staging facilities to minimize miles and trips.
- We pre-build all our trade show displays inn our warehouses to ensure onsite accuracy, minimizing excess travel and shipping that would be needed to correct errors.
- We outsource I&D teams (supervised by Metro staff) to eliminate travel miles.