If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working on a new project daily, and feeds off working as a team to provide clients with industry leading tradeshow assets, Metro Exhibits is the place for you!
Manage tradeshow project coordination from sales hand-off through show opening by aligning client needs with production and sub-contractor schedules and timelines.
Reports to the Senior Account Manager.
- Coordinate and manage all project elements from sales hand-off through production ensuring a solid communication channel as it relates to timelines and client expectations.
- Strong organizational skills to manage all project deliverables through both internal production channels, as well as outsourced vendors.
- Coordinate all general sub-contractors in logistics and field-related services and align with partners who maintain an emphasis on project budget, client goals and Metro’s best interest.
- Communicate critical issues and/or concerns with all internal departments in a timely fashion.
- Establish and maintain strong communication skids to relay critical project developments with clients.
- Ability to use critical thinking to adapt to unforeseen obstacles effecting the overall project success.
- Primary focus on 10×10, 10×20 and 20×20 booth configurations.
- Strong ability to create an effective and efficient labor call, and manage/communicate with supervisors and leads.
- Create electrical, hanging sign and cat 5 plans.
Education: BA or work-related experience.
Work Experience: 1-2 years of tradeshow or event project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Smart Sheet, QuickBooks, Outlook and any industry software a plus.
- Organized, self-motivated, with a proactive approach to managing and executing projects within the tradeshow and events industry.
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively in a high transactional and fast paced environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Open to feedback and coaching for improved performance.
- Uphold high ethical standards and moral behavior outlined in the company’s Code of Conduct.
- Improve business performance through initiative that is aligned to company goals.
- Ability to develop relationships with vendors/clients to cultivate a deeper tie with the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicate with sales team upon assignment of project to review scope of work and gain insight into client.
- Review Customer Focus Form to review client goals and past show experiences.
- Create an open channel of communication with clients throughout the project, outline project process, design review and on-site services and needs to ensure client has a seamless experience.
- Create SmartSheet in a timely fashion and ensure all information is accurate and through, and cross reference the information from the pull list and renderings for 100% accuracy.
- Disseminate SmartSheet to all involved production teams, and coordinate a Put To Work meeting to review all phases of project.
- Control all stages of project by being knowledgeable in all aspects of work.
- Initial design changes to ensure all designs are accurate throughout the project.
- Maintain a solid project timeline managing all milestone dates are met, such as:
- Show Service Deadline
- Booth Approval Deadline
- Advanced/Direct Deadline
- Graphic Deadline
- EAC/COI Deadline
- Work with production to order materials and goods needed for project. Create purchase orders and/or expense purchases using the Concur system.
- Complete all show-related services to include:
- Method of Payment
- Material Handling
- Booth Cleaning
- Provide detailed plans with accurate measurements.
- Hanging Sign
- Provide detailed plans with accurate measurements.
- Provide detailed Cat 5 placement plans, when needed, with accurate measurements.
- Lead Retrieval
- Coordinate all sub-contracts through Event Coordinator. Review all orders placed for accuracy.
- Arrange all logistics services with efficiency in mind, and ensure all vendors provide POD for all deliveries.
- Provide EFILES for on-site supervisors and I&D partners with through and accurate information to ensure a seamless installation and dismantling.
- Assign on-site Metro supervisors and ensure they have 100% knowledge of project prior to installation. Be available when an install is going on to field any questions regardless of day/time.
- Communicate with client progress of project via preset photos, installation photos and post-show review.
- Provide a summary recap of each project one week prior to installation to client with a summary of all logistics, preset photos and orders.
- Communicate with client post-show to obtain feedback on project success/failures and document for future shows.
- Assist client in any post-show reconciliation of services/costs as needed.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties of the position.
Key Performance Indicator (K.P.I.)
- Exhibit strong Communication with production teams with minimal need for additional explanations or questions. Consistently updating all forms of communication when project changes. Goal is to achieve 100% accuracy on all smart sheets/information to eliminate questions or miscommunication.
- Exhibits strong Communication with client where the client has a level of comfort with their project, and has a high level of trust with Metro Team.
- Less than 5% request for transfer of PM within a 6-month period.
- Provides accurate and timely dissemination of information to third-party vendors.
- Less than 10% inaccurate orders over a 6-month period resulting in loss of profit.
- Manage successful event with limited to no Metro-related issues.
- Equip filed teams with 100% accurate information with less than 10% need for expedited shipments/overage of hours and on-site purchasing.
- Presents a strong ability to provide accurate plans/forms as they relate to all show related elements.
- Less than 10% credits due to clients for inaccurate show-related services.
Consistent adherence to the above KPIs within a 6 month to one year time period may, in addition to other performance metrics, result in a move to Senior Project Management.