If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working on a new project daily, and feeds off working as a team to provide clients with industry leading tradeshow assets, Metro Exhibits is the place for you!
Work closely with the Project Management department to assist in aligning sub-contractors and vendors in logistics, event furnishings, carpet and labor.
Reports to the Senior Account Manager.
- Facilitate quotes and awarding sub-contractors in logistics, field labor, event furnishing and flooring based on project manager’s directives.
- Navigate and retrieve show information from exhibitor show kits.
- Adhere to project budgets, and reconcile vendor invoices to ensure Metro is being properly billed.
Education: High school or work-related experience.
Work Experience: 1 to 3 years of tradeshow or event project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Smart Sheet, QuickBooks, Outlook and any industry software a plus.
- 1 to 3 years of tradeshow or event project management experience.
- Organized, self-motivated, with a proactive approach to managing and executing projects within the tradeshow and events industry.
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively in a high transactional and fast paced environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Open to feedback and coaching for improved performance.
- Uphold high ethical standards and moral behavior outlined in the company’s Code of Conduct.
- Improve business performance through initiative that is aligned to company goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
Includes but not limited to:
- Oversees the Art Department.
- Organizes print production schedule.
- Meets with pre-press technicians daily to go over daily needs and tasks.
- Meet department goals.
- Sets up department’s budgets and processes.
- Carefully reviews each project in full detail to ensure it is up to customer and company’s standards.
- Makes sure all projects are in line with production’s timeframe.
- Coordinates creative assets for marketing department.
- Communicates with different department heads regularly to discuss project and process improvement.
- Handles customer projects that are complete custom booths.
- Builds relationships with vendors to get the best price.
- Research new vendors for future jobs in fabric printing, custom letters, hanging structures etc.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties of the position.
Key Performance Indicator (K.P.I.)
- Coordinate sub-contractor orders in a time-efficient manner.
- Complete all required forms accurately to ensure a seamless project.
- Timely upload of all necessary paperwork to SmartSheet.
- Strong ability to maintain an open communication with project management team.
- Strong ability to get ahead of potential issues to avoid a disruption of project, or in instances where projects arise, can resolve in an effective and efficient manner.