If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working on a new project daily, and feeds off working as a team to provide clients with industry leading tradeshow assets, Metro Exhibits is the place for you!
To successfully provide Control Drawings, the blueprint for the trade show exhibit construction process. Working with the design, graphics, and production teams to develop drawings that are necessary to understand how to construct the trade show exhibit.
The Detailer is responsible for interpreting the design in accordance with the limitations imposed by crating, and the necessity in the industry for fast assembly and dismantle of trade show exhibit components. At this phase of the process, Detailing adds value to the design through construction methods without compromising the design’s aesthetics.
Reporting to Technical Design Engineer, work direction from Art Production Manager and Exhibit Design Manager
· Work with design to aid in Final Renders and fast track designs.
· Create production and control drawings for use in custom fabrication, procurement and install and dismantle applications.
· Drawings must include dimensions, recommended build materials, exhibit elevation views, quantities of materials, exhibit placement in show hall, potential suppliers and installer drawings.
· Specify material, hardware, electrical/lighting specifications and building techniques in accordance with client requirements.
· Work with Graphics to provide graphic layouts and graphic elevations.
Field of study: Engineering, Design or Applicable Field
Work Experience: 2-5 years’ experience as a Detailer in the exhibit industry
Licenses/Certifications Required: Added Bonus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated aptitude for Design and Structural Mechanics
- Extremely detail oriented in filling out in production paperwork, and in completing detailed reports in a timely manner.
- Display excellence in knowledge of production materials and the extent to which these may be utilized in exhibit production.
- Must display a strong attention to detail and ability to review and absorb high levels of information.
- Able to read and discern information from production schematics.
- Able to design and create detail drawings with production in mind.
- Able to effectively explain and present finished work to Metro Exhibits sales, creative, production and I&D departments.
- Highly disciplined, able and willing to follow a well-organized time management system and you possess multi-tasking ability.
- Experience programming a CNC machine is an asset. Able to assertively present creative and functional ideas for projects.
- Innovative, creative problem-solving skills.
- Possess advanced computer skills with proficiency in a PC environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a high transactional and fast paced environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Open to feedback and coaching for improved performance
- Uphold high ethical standards and moral behavior outlined in the company’s Code of Conduct
- Improve business performance through initiative that is aligned to company goals
- Ability to develop relationships with vendors/clients to cultivate a deeper tie with the company
Roles and Responsibilities
· Detail with Accuracy
· Concise and accurate detailing